Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2-14-11 Sweetheart's Brunch


We got a special invite for a Sweetheart's Brunch on Valentine's Day. Conrad went the extra mile to create Valentine's for old and new friends that would be there. Max was under the weather and didn't participate much in the card-making. Conrad had his own idea of how to make each card. So did I. But I didn't insist on my plan, I let his creativity guide the process.

My friend went all out with a delicious brunch spread, a valentine's decorated table, and then a gathering of the little cupids for a card exchange and a round of "Won't You Be My Valentine?". Super cute song--we sang it all day.

My little cupid Max had to miss the festivities, his tummy was still turning. . .

Some people think Valentine's Day is a made up holiday and shouldn't be bothered with, but, why not? It's just one day when you make an extra effort to let special people in your life know that you love them.

Joe shocked me with a special treat. The shock part is what made it special, just a little gesture that says I listen to you, I think of you, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment