Thursday, February 3, 2011

2-1-11 Dinosaur Days






I love a good thematic study and our most current one is dinosaurs. What a boy topic! The plastic dinosaurs have been joining us for school time and our session has been ending with some very "active" dino play. Most recently, the dinos wreaked havoc on Misty Island. I'll attach pics of our dino puppets and Apatosaurus replicas. I just checked out some dinosaur books at the library so we're going to keep this theme going. I've been keeping a language development journal as part of our school, so there's a K-W-L for dinosaurs in it. I think we're going to have to google search "Did dinosaurs drive cars?" for an official answer. Mom's answer brought up good discussion about the timeline of dinosaurs and cars. Max is totally on board with learning about dinosaurs. I love hearing him try out new words like "extinct". Caden's on board with chewing on the dinosaurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment