Friday, January 6, 2012

1-6-12 Heart to Heart


Tonight at dinner, Max used a real glass to drink water out of. Of course, that was risky, but it was just water. He pointed out that he had a glass just like Mommy and Conrad. Then he said, "Because we are grown ups, right?" He didn't buy the whole thing about he and Conrad still being kids.

Last night Conrad and I had a heart to heart talk about sippy cups v. glasses. In his own words he expressed that he felt embarrassed at his family birthday party when I gave him a sippy cup. Sometimes he drinks out of glasses, but it hadn't occurred to me that it seemed babyish to have to use a sippy cup, but it makes sense now.

I'm glad he told me this. it was such a big boy conversation. As my first born, he's going to have to point out a lot of things like this. After all, I've never had a five-year-old before!

No comments:

Post a Comment