Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1-3-12 Did I really throw a Transformer Birthday Party?









I don't know if I've ever mentioned this or not before, but when I was growing up and dreaming about being married and having kids, i always pictured myself with five kids and the first three were all girls. Luckily, before Conrad was born, I wrapped my mind around mothering a boy and once he was here, well, those visions of braiding hair, picking out frilly dresses, and throwing princess birthday parties were long forgotten. But I didn't automatically see myself throwing a Transformer birthday party, but my little boy lit up when he saw that I had made cupcakes with Transformer hologram toppers. I even used the word "autobot" for the little game we played. I'm not even sure what an autobot is. . .

It was a fun morning with lots of balloon playing, actually, lots of balloon popping! Caden has really taken to singing happy birthday and all three boys appreciate a yummy cupcake. The recipe I used is actually from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. - so they had some nutrients in them.

I had to include a picture of my sweet little niece in with these even though it's blurry. Audrey would have liked to have seen a little more pink incorporated into this party. And I have to say, wouldn't it be adorable if she had a tiara on with that Transformer mask?? Pink or not, all of the kids loved the cousin time!

No comments:

Post a Comment