Thursday, June 2, 2011

6-2-11 Fire Up The Grill!

Last summer our oven broke and we had to order a part. This part (I don't even remember which part it was!) took THREE WEEKS to come in. The time of year gave us an easy alternative for cooking -- the grill. My family all loved the food and I particularly liked the easy clean up!

When the weather started to get warm this year, I pulled out my summer grill menu and went looking for some new recipes too. The first new one I spotted was for BBQ shrimp. I picked up the shrimp at Aldi which turned this into an economical feast. However, I must have been distracted while creating my grocery list because I neglected to include four of the ingredients needed for the "relish". So, I marinated 1 lb. of shrimp in the following marinade and served it with grilled pineapple (Yum!). Soak the skewers for about a half an hour before putting the shrimp on them.

24 Large Shrimp
2 Tbs. melted butter
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 cloves garlic

Mix the marinade and stir in shrimp. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, stir occasionally. Discard marinade. Put shrimp on the skewers. Grill over medium coals until shrimp are opaque. My husband grilled these for about 12 minutes.

I served this with couscous and steamed broccoli. All three little guys cleaned their plates! Next time I may even try the complete recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment