Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9-29-10 The Day Started in the Middle of the Night

Oh, boy! I have two little ones teething right now. This caused our day to start at 3 o'clock in the morning. My hardest moments in motherhood have been when I have two crying inconsolably at the same time in the middle of the night. Last night was one of those times. It breaks my heart to have to put one of them down while they're crying; I actually feel better about it if I'm still holding them and they're both still crying.

This morning I turned on the light in the nursery and let Max play while I fed Caden. Caden was wide awake so the three of us were just hanging out for a while. The morning before, I solved this problem while setting Max up with his bottle and his "B" in the rocking chair while I sat on the ottoman and fed Caden. It sounds like a short awake stint even when I write it, but, seriously, our house is a nighttime circus and I'm the frazzled ring leader.

12 - Conrad came into our room
1 - Caden woke to eat
2 - still awake because I can't fall back asleep
3 - Caden woke to eat
3:10 - Max woke up screaming (I can only assume it's due to cutting teeth)
4:15 - Caden back to sleep and lied down with Max
7 - Conrad up for the day

The boys were perfectly happy today even with the lack of sleep. I don't think I did too bad myself. But they were all ready for early bedtimes tonight!! Who knows what time tomorrow will start. I did give Caden a formula bottle in addition to his last nursing feeding tonight. I figure he's not getting enough to eat during the day because he's waking twice to eat now and he didn't even do that when he was a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment