Saturday, September 25, 2010

9-25-10 Babies Making Baby Food

Tonight I recruited the help of my big boys for making baby food for Caden. It didn't take much recruiting effort, Conrad and Max love to help in the kitchen. For at least a year now, Conrad's been helping me cook by using a butter knife to cut vegetables. This has been a great way for us to spend time together while I'm preparing a meal. Now, Max cannot bear to be left out so he also pulls his chair over to the counter. I let him use a plastic knife. So far, so good. I may trie giving a butter spreader next time and see if he finds that a suitable tool.

Tonight they were cutting green beans to be pureed as baby food. It was a lot of fun!! We talked about why we needed to make this for toothless Caden and how nutritious green beans are. Max chewed on some uncooked beans while we worked and Conrad helped operate the food processor.

I only had a couple of pounds of green beans, but it made 10 servings. It saved me a few bucks for what I would have spent to buy packaged baby food.

Conrad's ready to make applesauce and I'm sure Max will jump right in. I'm glad I didn't wait until the boys were in bed to do this little project, I would have been able to check it off of my to-do list, but it would have been very boring! I wish I would have gotten a pic of my little cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment