Friday, February 10, 2012

2-8-12 That First Week Back




On the 23rd we made our first family trip to the DMV because on the 22nd my license expired. This would have been a good trip to make before my license expired, but I'm just not that kind of person. We turned the outing into a play date and met our cousins at the indoor park close by the DMV. This is a cute little area for the boys to exert their energy and there aren't any french fries for sale. It's a win-win. It felt good to get right back into the swing of motherhood after our trip. There was something about having a birthday, or renewing my driver's license, or my driver's license picture that made me want to set some goals. I started a list of 34 things I want to do before my 35th birthday. How hard can it be, I have a whole year! I didn't expect there to be any wait for the DMV. I've been there a couple of times before and have just been in and out. Of course, when I had all three boys with me. There was a line. A long line. Caden was patient for a while, but he really wanted out of his stroller. Max was a little bit curious and did things like knock over a chair. They ate their snacks at an alarmingly fast rate. I'm going to have to start bringing bigger snack packs. The boys never seem as loud as they are in a quiet room with no other children. . . A nice man commented on how well-behaved the boys were and he offered me his number that was before mine (hehe). There are still kind people out there!


On Tuesday, it was back to school for Conrad. He got right back into the swing of things. It was his day to return Michael Recycle. His teacher created a very cool classroom project using the books by Ellie Bethel Michael Recycle, Michael Recycle meets Litterbug Doug and a traveling Michael doll. Michael goes home with each child and reports about his adventures in a class book. On Conrad's page, he showed our tin can magnetic robots and our compost bucket. I keep hanging on to half of our recyclables just waiting for a craft project! The tin cans make great robots and the slinky connects become arms, bridges and tunnels. Conrad also included a picture of himself washing a ziplock bag. This is something I just started doing. I feel like my parents. This is something that I thought was ridiculous when I first saw them doing it. Now, I figure it's a good way to cut down on landfill waste and I'm saving some money. It's not a hard thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment