Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1-30-12 A Lion Hunt





Lately Max has requested that we read the book, We're Going on a Lion Hunt by Margery Cuyler on a daily basis. It's a fun read and we like it as much as we like We're Going on a Bear Hunt. Max has a very active imagination and just today he told us about the time he ate a WHOLE lion. His little voice was animated and he used a convincing tone.

I visit teachpreschool.com on a regular basis and find new activities to do with the boys. When I saw this art project, I knew it was perfect for us. href="http://www.teachpreschool.org/2012/01/how-to-make-lions-in-preschool/">

These are our lions. After reading Deborah's post, I attempted to demonstrate the process. I'm so glad that she pointed this out because sometimes I give instructions for this type of thing and end up sucking the creativity out of the project. So, Caden and I shared a lion and I demonstrated drawing the parts of the lion's face. When Conrad and Max were making their lions they verbalized what they were doing the same way I had. Hehe.

Max's lion is at the top and mine and Caden's lion made it into this post twice. Hmmmm. I'm going to make an entire separate post for Conrad's lion.

Afterwards, the boys went and got Daddy and gave him our rug-sized lion so we could actually go on a lion hunt. It got wild! There was no slowing them down for a lion picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment